Monday, August 12, 2013

An Amazeballing Womens Day

Hey Guys
 
I know there's a whole lot of historical value to the whole women's day thing but personally I'm just glad I got a Friday off, woohoo! Extra-long weekend, thanks to all those freedom fighting women. Considering my absolute and utter gratitude for a day off, I made the most of it.

 
I picked up my bestie Courtney and with my sister and brother in-law in toe we headed off to Seapoint to take a long walk up the promenade and soak up some sun. It was refreshing seeing the promenade bustling, with people from all walks of life. I got a little jealous of those brave couples, dodging pedestrians while riding their really snazzy, yet vintage and most likely hired bicycles up and down the side walk.  The walk was super chilled. Although I suggest taking along a significant other, it's definitely a coupley thing to do, leaving Courtney and myself looking rather awkward, walking close but not too close to each other. This is clearly what the peeps on twitter would hash tag #singlegirlproblems. The view across the ocean was magnificent and I would highly recommend taking a stroll up the promenade or even get a head start on your summer fitness regime by jogging along the ocean front. It surely would make breaking a sweat so much more appealing.



               
Our day didn't end in Seapoint. We ended up driving back into town and landed up at the Perseverance Tavern to get a few beers and a bite to eat. The pub has a super authentic feel with a history leading way back to 1836. It hasn’t lost its old world charm but the new world editions of flat screen TV's plastered on every wall is definitely a loved feature by any sports enthusiast.  The menu features traditional pub food from burgers to bangers and mash. They have a large selection of local and foreign beers on tap, a definite winner for any beer drinker.
                
 
 

 The vibe and atmosphere was super chilled and I highly recommend everyone make a turn there, preferably on game days when the pub is really packed. You will not be disappointed. The pub is situated on Buitenkant street , Gardens and parking was really not an issue , although the parking attendant rocked up just as we were leaving , what's up with that ?!  Hope everyone had an amazing off day, until I blog again.

Love and Peace 

1 comment:

  1. Went to Perseverance tavern to watch the Western Province game on Friday , was really good ! thanks for the suggestion !

    ReplyDelete