Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Live While We're Young


Hey Guys

So lately I've been living the suburban life and I haven't been hitting the town as much as I would have liked to but never the less, it doesn't mean I've been sitting on the couch doing absolutely jack. My cousin Abbi celebrated her 7th birthday about a week ago and I was taken right back to my childhood.  Jumping castles, birthday cake and lots and lots of sweets ...
If my aunt bought anymore sweets, she might have been labelled as a certified candy shop owner. Well I couldn't blame her for stocking up on the treats when first to the table, filling their bags with goodies, were none other than all the twenty odd year old cousins. The lure of being a child again was too strong for anyone of us to resist. We don't always realize the freedom and innocent joy we get from letting go and just having fun, without the worries and responsibilities that come with being an adult.

                  
I had the privilege of making Abbi's birthday cake. Well I'm not going to lie I didn't bake at all; we simply just purchased shop made trifle sponges. The buttercream on the other hand, was made by none other than me. Yes, I'm totally blowing my own horn here, but it looked and tasted amazing.  Going with the candy theme we decided on a bright pink and lime green trim on a white buttercream base and the rest of the amazingness was left to an assortment of multi-coloured sweets. It was so simple and looked amazing. I must caution you in attempting to get the edges of the buttercream base absolutely straight. Took me a few tries and about an hour of perfecting the edges.

                                     

Unfortunately the cupcakes didn't go as smoothly as the cake. This is most probably due to the fact that a degree of real life baking was taking place. Never the less together with my sister, Keshia and my cousin, Lisa we managed to pump out over 30 homemade cupcakes; by homemade I’m implying that it wasn’t as great as my perfectionist self would have liked it to be.

                                    

If you're wondering if I managed to jump on the jumping castle, I did and it was amaze balls... what I can say, I'm living the Dream. One is never too old to act like a kid once in a while. Until I blog again 

Love and Peace

3 comments:

  1. its great to see you are having fun, the cake looks really amazing. like you said one is never to old to be a kid

    ReplyDelete