Sunday, August 4, 2013

The Epiphany


Hey Guys


Welcome to my blog, where I take an exciting and cultural exploration and journey through my native home of 22 years, Cape Town.  I’m a fun, lively and extremely short individual, currently doing my postgraduate studies in marketing at the University of Cape Town. I have an undergrad in film and media studies and yes, this blog was partially established as part of an e-marketing assignment, but what the hell!  It gave me excuse to use both my background in media and my new knowledge of marketing, under one platform.


My parents recently went on a 2 week road trip, up the Western Cape’s garden route, all the way to the Eastern Cape. On their return, they mentioned how they wished they weren’t experiencing South Africa so late in their lives and encouraged my sister and myself to travel around the country first, before we even decided to travel abroad. It got me thinking, I'm already 22 and I haven't yet fully experienced Cape Town. I'm pretty sure tourists have experienced way more of this beautiful city within a short 2 week holiday, than I have in the last 22 years of my life.


Luckily I’m starting this blog with the onset of Cape Town’s glorious summer, giving me no excuse to stay indoors.   Cape Towns summer season brings with it an abundance of activities but in-season also brings elevated prices. As a student on a tight budget as most students are, I’m going to sincerely try my best to participate in as many activities as possible. This is a lifestyle blog, so expect to see snippets of the ins and outs of my daily life.  Yes, I’m going to make the simple daily routine of taking a shower, the most exciting thing you have ever read. Let’s hope this blog doesn’t get to the point where my showers are the only thing left to write about. Until I blog again.

Love and Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment